Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A change of scenery...

Have you heard of the cookie monster cupcakes "nailed it"?

My friend Nicole brought this funny to my attention the night before Eli's birthday party when she texted, "I hope this cake isn't like the cookie monster nailed it cupcakes." So I had to Google to see what she meant and Julian and I laughed and laughed. 
Eli's birthday cake was beautiful, but I can relate to that anxious feeling that things may not turn out as planned, that is exactly how I feel every time I take pictures for someone else...I hope they meet their expectations. 

On Monday it was my turn to worry about "nailing it" when Nicole and I met at Chatfield to take some pictures of sweet Alice.


It was a wonder we got any pictures at all...we arrived at the park less than an hour before they closed, the toddlers were running around throwing rocks, dragging our props through the dirt... just generally making ruckus. 
It was a whirlwind of outfit changes, background changes, and telling Max to stop throwing rocks.
Add to that, Alice, who is normally the happiest smiley baby ever, decided she did not want to smile for us.
the rock throwers

I was beginning to worry that we might have another "cookie monster cupcake" situation on our hands.


But the light, the light more than delivered.
And the green of the grass was so refreshing after months of wintery white pictures.
We even got a few smiles from this little lady.



I am so glad we averted disaster and captured precious Alice at 6-months old. For so long she has been the "baby" of our playgroup and as I edited these pictures it really hit me how fast she is growing up.

Hey trees, it is spring, did you get the memo?
This slight change of scenery has inspired me when it comes to taking pictures.
I have lots of ideas swirling around in my head and I am looking forward to upcoming photo opportunities. A whole new season of photographs lies ahead.
----------

A few snapshots from our play date at the park today...
Ish always puts together the best play dates!
I think there were 9 of us mamas there today...plus all of the kids.





It was good to be back at the fountains...we were here practically every other day last summer, and hope to repeat that this year.


wish I knew what they were talking about. 
You would think that as pale as I am, I would have learned that you can in fact get sunburned even when it is cloudy out.
But that tidbit of info alluded me today and now I am a nice shade of pink.
Even the boys have pink cheeks (don't worry, I was out of the running for 'Mom of the Year' long before this incident ;) )
Oh, and it is supposed to snow 5-7 inches tomorrow.





Spring in Colorado is so confusing.
We are doing our best to hang in there.


3 comments:

Natalie said...

The pics of Alice are beautiful...they seriously look professional! Nice job!

MCH said...

Amazing pictures! That lense (and the photographer) are magical!

Jess said...

Thank you Natalie and Megan! Megan, this lens seriously has a following, Julian broke my lens a couple of months ago and we had found the last one available in the whole state, the guy at the camera store said he cannot keep them in stock!

Post a Comment