Monday, April 1, 2013

A weekend of celebration


We had a wonderfully busy weekend.
There are a lot of pictures to share...so many pictures. 
Here we go! 

I. Egg hunt/ Passover Seder at Ish's house 

Shirhi dining with a superhero.
On Friday night we met with some friends for a little egg hunt and Passover Seder. 
We forgot our baskets so the kids used bowls to collect the eggs, as they filled up the eggs would spill back out so they were continuously hunting the same eggs. 
Endless entertainment. 




Eli was there too. His egg hunt got off on the wrong foot when he took a tumble off of a ledge into the grass. He proceeded to be grumpy about the whole thing. Poor guy. 


the bow <3
It is truly a privilege to be invited over to Ish's house for dinner. She is an amazing cook and hostess. 



I enjoyed learning about and participating in the Passover traditions. The toddlers ran around making mischief while the adults were occupied. 

Don't mind if I do :) 
The little ones danced to traditional music, David led us through the Seder, and a picture of the kid's table that last all of two minutes.
After a couple of glasses of wine I managed to spray Eli in the eye with whipped cream. 
The ticking time bomb that is Max went of shortly after dessert and it was time to head home. 
 We had a great night with dear friends. 
----------
II. Saturday Morning Easter Egg Hunt 

Saturday morning was one of those rare occurrences where we not only got out the door on time, but early even. We made it to the egg hunt in time to get a great parking space, close enough to easily walk to the park yet far enough to get out quickly since 1,000 people are leaving at once. 


We made it in time to check out the farm animals and get the annual picture with the Easter bunny. 

Ready for the hunt!!

Max did not understand why he couldn't run out and start grabbing...hundreds of eggs right there for the taking! It was a great chance to talk about patience and waiting our turn. Eli was just taking in the crowds, the music, the hustle and bustle. Technically he went to an egg hunt last year at 1-week old, but this felt like his first time. 


Soon the hunt started and Max made sure to get enough eggs not only for his basket but little brothers too. 


We finished up the morning by grabbing breakfast and coffee at The Corner Bakery. I also made a solo trip to the grocery store, which feels like a vacation these days. 
----------

III. Saturday afternoon Tea Party 

My friend Nicole is also an amazing cook and hostess (why won't these traits rub off on me?!). 
She put together a beautiful ladies tea party this weekend. 




There was an assortment of delicious foods and desserts. 
Of course, there were lots of tea options too! 



It was nice to have some girl time to just talk and catch-up. We played a lot of games, I came to the realization that party games are not my forte, but oh how we laughed and laughed. 

Oh boy, me and my silly hat :) 


It was a fabulous tea party! 
----------
IV. Easter Eggs 

After tea it was time to head home and dye some Easter Eggs. 
We used fruit juice to dye our eggs again this year, since the dye inevitably ends up on little hands and mouths around here.

Not as sparkly as the regular dyed eggs, but pretty in a muted way, right? Well, at least the boys didn't notice. And note to self carrot juice does not dye eggs, not at all. 


It was a fun activity to get everyone into the Easter spirit. 
Once the boys were in bed the Easter bunny set out Easter baskets, and set up yet another egg hunt.


Phew. 
Long.awesome.day.
----------

V. Easter Sunday {He is risen}

Max woke up long before the sun rose on Easter. 
I am hopeful there will be a time where our morning holiday pictures are not taken when it is still dark out...but this was not that year. 



The boys were excited to come down to baskets of goodies. 
This year the baskets were filled with crayons, coloring books, sunglasses, stickers, Ella's pouches, Annie's bunny snacks, and one book each. 
The also got a few outdoor toys to take to the beach/fountains as the weather warms up. 
We actually made it through Easter without any candy this year, hooray!
At this point even Max was burnt out when it came to egg hunting.
He halfheartedly put a few in his basket then gave up.



We all got ready and made it to church for a beautiful service. 
The boys loved all of the singing, and it was nice to take some time to reflect on the meaning of Easter. 

Caught Eli sleeping like this after church. So peaceful. 
I had to snap some pictures of the boys looking oh so dapper. 

Mas constantly wants Eli to hold his hand <3



We spent some time reading the Easter story to the boys.
 I love this Jesus Storybook Bible our friends Natalie and Jared gave us. 


Julian and I combined forces to make Easter dinner. 
He made a ham, which probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but this is only the second or third time I can remember us having red meat in the house! 
I contributed by making some organic veggies and bread. 


Simple, very simple, but it was yummy. 
After dinner we went out for a walk to soak up the gorgeous weather. 


We had a lovely day.
Happy Easter!
----------

If you made it all the way through this post I think you deserve an award, woo! 
We had a great weekend but now I think I need a nap...




No comments:

Post a Comment