Friday, June 7, 2013

A week out of sync...


For the most part we have settled into a routine these days...a flow I guess you could call it. 
It goes something like: wake up at the crack of dawn, pass the time until our friends can play by reading books and doing preschool prep, play date from 10-2, naps, snuggles, hurry and clean up the house before Daddy gets home, boy time while Mommy catches her breath, dinner, finally Julian and I spend some time together talking, reading, or watching TV, I almost always fall asleep on the coach, eventually dragging myself upstairs to snooze until we start it all again (three cheers for two little boys sleeping through the night). 

Our days pass with enough routine to be comfortable, and enough variety to keep things interesting. 

Over the past several days we have had an influx of "variety", which has basically thrown our whole routine out of whack. 

{For some extra variety, the pictures in this post are from my second failed attempt at completing the "March photo a day challenge"}

Up
Your neighborhood

Fruit
For example, Julian left our sprinkler on overnight. 
Most of the water didn't even stay in our yard, but rather flowed down our neighbors yard washing away their rocks and plants. 
Our neighbors who have an immaculate  lawn, where as we are lucky to keep ours mowed and alive.

Bedside

5pm
Loud
 Max upped the ante this week, with new tricks like undoing his seat belt while we're driving. Julian was in the car with him and he actually undid his chest clip and opened the car door while he was at it, on the highway. 
He's also learned how to open the deadbolt on the front door, the bar and lock on our sliding door, and the really high lock on our door out to the garage is now in reach apparently. 
Did I mention he broke the baby safety lock we had on the fridge in half? 
He likes to climb the shelves. 
He also waits until I forget to put the water dispenser on the child safe setting and fills up cups of water. 
Not for drinking of course, but for playing and dumping. 
So basically it has been a challenge keeping him inside and safe these days. 

Clouds
Moon
A smile
My allergies continue to be my nemesis.  
I've been waking up each morning in a benadryl haze...just confused about what day it is and what I'm supposed to accomplish each day. 
 Very unlike me. 
We managed to pull it together for a zoo trip on Thursday, but I didn't even bother to bring my camera or take a single picture. 
VERY unlike me. 
I haven't been to Starbucks in over a week.
I took the boys out in public and forgot snacks.
I mean, my first rule of parenting is do NOT forget the snacks.
Out.of.sync.

Breakfast
Feet
Sunglasses? close enough. 
Toy. He built this all by himself. 
Where you relax
Today, though, I believe the tides are turning. 
We spent the day with our buddies Nicole, Liam, and Alice over at the pool while Julian hauled a half ton of rock into our neighbors yard. 
We have invested in industrial grade locks on our doors and have plans for a new car seat. 
We have some very exciting weekend plans, which include meeting a precious baby girl who made her way into the world this week. 

Eli has been giving us all positive affirmations. 
I can't believe this kid's favorite word is "Yes". 
I mean, I can, because that is so his personality, but I know that at 14-months old Max has already learned the word "No" and he sure knew how to use it as well. 


Yes.
We are syncing again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment