Thursday, June 20, 2013

A fever...

We have been very lucky so far when it comes to the boys' health. Other than the occasional stomach bug or cold, there have been no major illnesses. Prior to this week, the worst fever Max had ever had was when he had roseola, and he got up to 103 for one night but the fever was gone the next day. 

Over the past few days Max has been the sickest I have ever seen him, with a constant high fever, lethargic, delirious at times, rapid breathing, and a very sore throat. 

A few pictures from the almost hourly updates I sent to Julian...

Heartbreaking to see him so miserable. 
Contemplating a visit to the ER, thankfully the fever started to come down.
He was hanging out in the 103's and 104's all week despite the maximum dose of fever reducer.  
That one little bite out of the sandwich kills me. Our boy with the insatiable appetite barely ate this week.
He kept requesting hot chocolates, but never drank them. 
I was worried about my boy. 
Of course there is the rational part of my brain that knows the fever was helping him fight off what was almost certainly a virus. But my mama heart could barely stand to feel him burning up as I held him, feeling so helpless. 

Thankfully, he started sweating Wednesday night so we knew the fever was finally breaking. 
Yesterday morning I got the first smile I've seen since Saturday. 
He was such a trooper. 
Eli was a trooper too, entertaining himself a lot while big brother required extra attention. 

Eli missed his buddy
There are many days when Max's energy overwhelms me, but as he recovers I am so grateful to have his constant commentary and commotion back. 





Max, "the king of all wild things", is slowly getting back to his wild ways. 



As I write this, our littlest boy sleeping upstairs just clocked in with a temperature of 101.5...we are hoping this isn't round two. 


We really appreciate so many friends and family members checking in on us this week, not sure what I would have done without your thoughts, prayers, and reassurance (Nicole!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment