Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A weekend...


In her book "Carry On, Warrior", Glennon talks about how our God given gifts are bridges into others lives. She outlines how her particular gifts, writing and listening, have served as "tickets" into the tender moments of family and friends, and conversely she too has been blessed by the gifts of those around her.


 I see this in my own life. 
I am surrounded by so many talented, gifted friends and family who share their strengths with me. 
One small way I have been able to give back is with my budding interest in photography. 
What started as a new moms feeble attempts to capture the tiny details of an ever changing, ever growing, deeply loved little boy has developed into a gift I can share. 
A bridge into the lives of others. 


Max thinks the horses belong to us.
I might have told him if he got out of the wagon the horse would bite him. 
 One of those opportunities came this weekend, after a nice relaxing Saturday at home where our only to-do was visiting the horses across the street, we made a trip up to Ft. Collins. 

First, we met my Mom for lunch to celebrate her 51st birthday as well as the completion of her 10th marathon that morning. 
{Happy Birthday Mom!}

Next we headed over to Jared, Natalie, and Evie's house for a family photo swap.
It was extra special this time because I was able to take some maternity pictures of Natalie, just a few weeks away from her due date. 
Gifts are bridges.

Our sidekicks!
When we planned this get together weeks and weeks ago I imagined early May as being bright, sunny, and everything in bloom...the "perfect" backdrop for pictures. 
However, winter has lingered this year, I suppose it is these small details that make pictures personal and special...this little one will always know that she was an anticipated bright spot during a very chilly spring! 




And miss Evie could not be more ready to be a big sister...



It was an honor to help friends capture these moments of awaiting and preparing for their new baby girl. 

Natalie shared her gift of photography with us as well and snapped these family photos for us...


So nice to have a picture of me with the boys!



 I will always treasure them and remember the fun day we had laughing and coaxing stubborn toddlers to pose for pictures.

We also participated in frappy hour, ate a delicious Thai peanut chicken dinner made by Natalie, and let the kids bang play the piano.
Altogether a great trip up to Ft. Collins!


Jared took these pictures, first frappy hour!



" We are each an island, but he gives us gifts to use as bridges into each other's lives. When we lay down our gift, we walk right over it and straight into another heart."
~ Glennon Doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment