Here are some little random updates of our happenings lately...
New Job
Julian started his new job this week, and he is loving it so far!
I still remember when I first met him 11 years ago, his biggest goal was to work with rockets, so this is a big dream realized and we are so proud of him.
We are also grateful for this opportunity, and the shorter commute which is making a big difference in our routines.
Almost rockstar mamas
My friend Nicole and I almost got two two-year-old boys to take a nap at the same time on the same couch. We had night night books, lullabies playing, my new super soft blanket...they just laid there for awhile while we chatted.
But then one of them wiggled and the whole thing quickly unraveled.
Still, it was a sight to see.
Also, I made cupcakes!
![]() |
The mix was out of a box, but this was the first time I made homemade frosting.
Big progress for me, and so yummy.
Tour of California
![]() |
| Courtesy of BMC Facebook |
Cycling season is back.
I know this is an obscure sport for most people, but it was a staple in my household growing up, especially considering my brother was at the top of the sport for awhile there.
His best friend Tejay van Garderen stuck with it,is considered to be the future of American cycling and is now wearing the yellow jersey in the Tour of California (winning). Eeee!
Basically this is a BIG deal for our "Uncle Tejay" and we have had a lot of fun watching this week and cheering him on.
The race finishes on Sunday with very important stages tomorrow and Saturday...I can barely handle the suspense. It is kind of hard to explain to Max that we don't watch TV, but we can watch the Tour Tracker on my computer...hopefully he will understand one day.
GO Tejay!
Crayon Problems
I am seriously regretting filling the Easter baskets with crayons this year.
Max has managed to stash them all over the house, and waits until I leave him alone for a couple of minutes to change Eli's diaper or grab a glass of water...and scribbles everywhere!
![]() |
| Just scrubbed this bench, only to find it colored on AGAIN. |
This morning it occurred to me that I could just ask him where the crayons are.
Ah, of course, the monkey back pack...I should have thought of that.
Sigh.
Dragon Pudding
When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, our teacher let us make pistachio "dragon pudding" in the classroom.
I remember being very excited about it and clearly it made an impression since I remember it more than 20 years later. I happened to notice pistachio pudding at the store a couple of weeks ago, tossed in the cart thinking Max might get a kick out of it.
He is now obsessed.
Asks for it every single day even though we've only made it a couple of times.
You would think I was some sort of magician turning the powder from white to green just by adding milk.
![]() |
| Made this boy happy by making some pudding this week. |













No comments:
Post a Comment