Saturday, May 11, 2013

A {day before} Mother's Day Breakfast

This morning I met some of my dearest friends for a breakfast to celebrate Mother's Day. 





Knowing that Snooze is famous for good food, nice ambiance, and a long wait, I was out the door at 7:30 am. Early even for me, but I was rewarded with a beautiful bright morning...and good coffee to help pass the wait. 





Neat French Toast for me, more my style!
It was a sweet time together, full of conversation, mimosas, and OMG french toast, which the waitress promised would be life changing. 
I am just shy of three years into motherhood and if there is anything I have learned so far, it is the importance of friends to share this journey with. 
In "The Happiness Project", Gretchen Rubin says, "The days are long, but the years are short." And that rings very true for my current phase of life. 
I am grateful for each of my dear friends who walk through these long days with us. They make the good times sweeter and the hard times bearable. 
They also help me entertain the kids from the hours of 10-3pm pretty much every single day!



----------
Preparations for Mother's Day are in full swing around here, I know it's technically a "Hallmark holiday", but it is nice to have a weekend to honor all of the amazing mothers I know, as well as receiving some special treatment from my sweet boys. 

At Home Depot getting flowers for our porch! 



Happy Mother's Day weekend everyone! 

This little mister is out and about in undies, and he kept them clean and dry!
"Let me out of this cart!"

"Please?" Those big brown eyes get me every time...

No comments:

Post a Comment