Monday, August 27, 2012

A bike race

We have been closely watching the US Pro Cycling challenge for the past week. 
Whether I like it or not, the sport of cycling is in my blood. I guess that's what happens when you spend your childhood watching the Tour de France and tons of local bike races.  

We got the chance to cheer for Tejay in person, which was neat since he spends most of the year racing in Europe. 


I was amazed at the crowds we saw out there, Colorado has the best fans! We thought if we got the the BMC team trailer early before the start of one of the stages that we'd be able to walk right up to Tejay, wish him luck, and let Max get his jersey signed. 


Boy, were we surprised, there were hundreds of people waiting behind a barrier, apparently everyone wanted Tejay's signature!

This picture of Tejay giving high fives hits me straight in the heart. I still see him as my little brothers buddy. He is just a genuinely funny and nice guy. 

We were able to relay our location through my brother Chris, and we got to see Tejay for a quick second. Max got his jersey signed and gave him a high five. People were asking us if they could have the jersey, or better yet our kid!? Wow, Tejay, you have some serious fans out there, we are happy to count ourselves among them. 

Total random, Patrick Dempsey was hanging out with team BMC.

We ran into our buddy Benjay out on the course. He was kind enough to share his cow bell with Max :)

We had a great week cheering for Tejay, he wore the yellow jersey much of the week and ended up second overall. I cheered so much that I barely had a voice on Sunday. 

I'm already looking forward to next August, when the tour returns! 


No comments:

Post a Comment