Friday, August 17, 2012

4 and 24-months, a few words


4 (well, almost 5) months old. 

Eli, my sweet boy, you know the saying " you catch more flies with honey than vinegar"?  You were born knowing this. We can't take you anywhere these days without getting stopped time after time so people can fuss over you. You draw them in with your big brown eyes, flash a few flirty smiles, and next thing you know you have a captive audience.


We've seen your feisty side too these days. You have opinions and you make them known. You would like to be held most of the day, you don't want your brother out of your sight, and you do not enjoy being hot, oh no, not at all. 


You have all sorts of ideas about becoming mobile. You have mastered rolling and you roll over onto your belly when you sleep. I roll you back to your back...and you end up on your belly once again. You watch your brother and his friends intently, you are ready to play. 


If you had it your way, you would be eating three square meals a day. You smack your lips and stare open mouthed while you watch us eat. I'm starting to feel a little bad for you, but we are hoping to hold off on solids for a few more weeks.

Drool bomb!!!
We are pretty sure you are teething. You chew on everything in sight and it's hard to catch a drool-free picture of you these days. We hope that tooth pops out soon!


We sing you to sleep with the same song used for your brother...the "Goodnight Song" by The Laurie Berkner Band. Every single time we sing I think about how I can't believe we get to do this baby thing again...we are blessed to call you ours. 

----------
24 months

My Max, my heart, the boy who made me a mama. 
I am so proud of you and all that you have done this year. I sat up many a night worrying over how bringing a little brother into your life at such a young age might affect you.
 It was needless. 
You watched your mama grow an enormous belly and you instantaneously accepted this new member of our family. When we brought him home, a newborn with his fists tightly clenched, you thought he wanted to give you "knuckles" and so began your bond with your brother. It was seamless. It was easy. I am amazed by your resilience and warm heart. 


You continue to be an energetic and physical child. Your emotions flow right through you. Happy is running up and down the hallway laughing hysterically, angry is down on the floor kicking and screaming, and sad is your head nestled in my lap with falling tears. Thankfully you are almost always in good spirits.

Your interests are "all boy", you excel at anything athletic and you beg to go outside. Outside, green grass, no walls, this is your happy place.
You are sensitive to the feelings of those around you and you have a big heart. Sometimes you put down your cars and trucks, run in my direction and wrap your arms around me so tight, your sweetness takes my breath away. You kiss your little brother, and you know that we say "I love you" in this house, we say it a lot. 

You are a quick learner with a busy mind. I often overhear you counting, you can go all the way up to eleven and then the numbers turn into gibberish. You know most of your letters and you love to point them out wherever we go. You are putting together all of the little details of the world around you, colors, animals, shapes, friends names, the places we go, you amaze me with the things you know. 
You have become quite the talker, you've transitioned to using 2-3 word sentences and I so enjoy our little conversations. I never get tired of hearing, "Look Mommy", "What happened?", or "Bye Ikea, it was fun!" :)
This is your favorite book in the whole world...Mighty Max.

At two, you have a little bit of magic. Broccoli is called "trees", farfalle noodles are "butterflies", and you sing your self to sleep with the cutest rendition of 'Twinkle twinkle little star' that I've ever heard. 
You worship your Daddy, you dance for your little brother, and you always check to make sure Mommy's watching. 
I am. 
"My love's too big for you my love"
----------


No comments:

Post a Comment