Saturday, July 7, 2012

A week of disorientation

With the Fourth of July falling on a Wednesday this year, the rest of the week felt out of sync. 
Tuesday felt like Friday. 
Thursday felt like Wednesday. 
And Friday somehow had the slowness and crankiness usually reserved for a Monday. 


Max's bed head.
 Max had this adorable bed head after waking up from his nap. Something about this kid just melts my heart like nothing else.  He is usually a busy boy, constantly in motion, he seriously can not sit still. Here's a secret about my boy though...when he first wakes up from a nap, he will let you hold him. As soon as I hear those first mumbles and grumbles that tell me he's stirring, I kiss sweet Eli and set him down.  I book it to Max's bedroom and sweep him up, still half asleep, he wraps his arms around my neck and gives the best snuggles.  This lasts for about 2-5 minutes, truly some of the best minutes of my day. If you kind of forget that he is 3ft tall and 30 something pounds, you can imagine for a second that little baby that he used to be. Just as we settle in, he starts wiggling and next thing you know he is off again...

"Uncle Chris"
Max is 100% certain that the guy on our baseball bat is Uncle Chris. I'm not sure where he made this association...but we laughed for a solid 10 minutes about it.  

The end of this week was fueled by Eileen's Cookies. Yum!
A friend brought some Eileen's Cookies along to a play date. Thank you friend. Thank you cookies. I was riding a sugar high for two days thanks to these sugar bombs. 

April took this photo of our March boys looking at each other :)
Eli got to play this week, well as much as a 3-month old can play.  These two rocked out some tummy time together, while the big kids got creative with paint, markers, and colored pencils.  



I was laying in bed this morning trying to sort out what day of the week we are on, happily, we have arrived at a Saturday that feels like a Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment