Don't forget to stop and smell the roses.
![]() |
| From the latest installment of " The adventures of Max and Shirhi". They are pointing out letters and numbers everywhere we go, pretty neat to see! |
I was reminded of this on Monday when we went out to lunch with our friends. I think it took us 15 minutes to walk from one store to another at the end of the block. We stopped to marvel at every flower and every sign. We peeked into the displays of each and every store and acknowledged every stranger passing by. It was slow traveling but I love the endless curiosity of toddlers.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
![]() |
| Note to self: Stop making goofy faces in pictures! |
We are losing another friend who is off to Cali. I get it, they have warm weather, the ocean, and palm trees. There are days when I feel wistful about our days out there and I wonder if we'll ever get back. So sad to see our friend and her gorgeous baby girl go though!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a lot of fun at a playdate this week.
![]() |
| Yes, we put a headband on Eli :) |
There was some seriously yummy Mexican style food. The little babies got to hang out and the big kids played really well together.
| This kid will climb anything and everything. |
Max got a little over excited, he jumped off the couch and landed near/a little bit on Eli, good thing little brothers are extra tough :)
I so look forward to these days. It definitely takes some effort to load up Max, Eli, and their respective things in the car, but it is always so worth it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been pretty settled on the theme for Max's 2nd birthday for awhile but I couldn't find an invite that I loved, so I whipped up this little card.
I get a lump in my throat just looking at this invite.
Is it just me, or are birthdays hard for every Mom?
I am so thankful to have a healthy and thriving (almost) two-year old. This was a big and wonderful year for us with lots of changes, and Max really took everything in stride, but there is still sadness in him growing up.
I know he is so young that he won't remember it, but you only turn 2 once, so we are planning to celebrate!





No comments:
Post a Comment