It was like something out of a movie when I slipped out of the house tonight. Max was throwing food (common), Eli was crying (rare), and it wasn't my job to address those needs because I was heading to girl's night!
![]() | |
| I put my dress in the washer and it never made it to the dryer...but didn't every one else look pretty?!? |
It's the little things like the empty backseat, adult songs on the radio instead of Baby Signing Time on repeat, and the fact that I only had to get myself in and out of the restaurant
that made the night so sweet.
![]() |
| Happy Birthday friends, I hope you can find a place for these in your homes <3 |
It felt a little bit weird to talk so much about myself. I mean, Max never asks me about the craziest thing I did in high school or if you should throw away a whole container of strawberries if one is moldy. Most of my conversations with him revolve around more blueberries, the wagon, the park, and why you can't put stickers on your little brother. Considering we are five mothers with little ones, we did an amazing job at talking about topics other than our kids!
![]() |
| In case you are wondering if this dessert tasted good...the answer is yes! |
There were many laughs and even a few tears, but it was truly special to get time with friends. I know for me it is easy to completely lose myself in my boys... in meeting their needs and in creating fun and memorable experiences for them. While I missed their little faces, time away was rejuvenating.
![]() |
| Even when I don't have my camera, I can play paparazzi with my phone :) |
I am so thankful to have these friends. They are truly an answer to many prayers I sent out when I found myself sitting home alone with a brand new baby in a new house and area where we didn't know anyone. I feel lucky to be sharing the journey of motherhood with these women and so many others that have reached out to share this experience with me.
Seriously, who else could I text last minute to see if they want to meet at a park so our children can burn off some energy? Who else would show up at my doorstep with a pan full of macaroni and cheese, a hand crocheted bunny hat and diaper cover, AND a handmade Amish apron ;) ? Who else is going to love on your babies like they are their own? Friends are amazing things indeed.
The family you choose.
Seriously, who else could I text last minute to see if they want to meet at a park so our children can burn off some energy? Who else would show up at my doorstep with a pan full of macaroni and cheese, a hand crocheted bunny hat and diaper cover, AND a handmade Amish apron ;) ? Who else is going to love on your babies like they are their own? Friends are amazing things indeed.
The family you choose.
| missed you little guy |
Of course, the best part was coming home to two bathed and sleeping babies. Good job Daddy!
I can't wait until we get the opportunity to do this again :)




No comments:
Post a Comment