We were without our Daddy last week. Babies were bathed, books were read, and tummy time happened...but it was hard.
In light of a week without him, we are celebrating our Daddy today...big time.
I will never forget the first night in the hospital after we had Max. We
both sat up the entire night, just staring at him and wondering at what
a miracle he was. For a second, I felt like no one could understand the
depth of the love I was feeling...but when I saw the way Julian looked
at Max when he held him, I knew this Daddy's love was as rich and
all encompassing as my own.
| 9 days in to being a father...a great Daddy from the very start! |
Watching Julian grow in his role as a father over the past two years has been inspiring to me. He is so family centered in his goals and ambitions. He works hard to provide for us and to allow me to stay at home with his little boys. The very second he arrives home his focus is on loving these boys, and Max is usually right there waiting by the door for him. He is an equal partner in every respect of parenting, he does more than his share of the "up-all-nights" and the never ending diaper changes.
This Daddy knows how to wrestle and crash cars together. He's a fort builder and a tower stacker. He gives the very best piggy-back rides, and I often smile to myself when I hear him and Max laughing their guts out together.
It's more than that though, he is affectionate with these boys. He tells them that he loves them, and most importantly he shows them that he loves them every single day. He hugs and kisses the boo-boo's, many a book has been read from the perch of his lap, and he is the best swaddler in the house.
![]() |
| Immediate love again when he met sweet Eli. |
His patience surpasses my own. He is proud of these boys but not boastful. He's never once looked at a milestone chart or wondered how our boys were progressing compared to others. He meets them right were they are. He accepts them unconditionally and just loves them...through the good times and the hard ones.
I feel incredibly lucky to be sharing this journey of parenthood with him. My sons are blessed with such a loving and giving father.
Happy Father's Day Julian!
And Happy Father's Day to all the other loving Daddy's out there, including my own!





No comments:
Post a Comment