lovesick-
\ˈləv-ˌsik\
adjective
- so much in love as to be unable to act in a normal way
This magical age gets me every time. You are all coos and smiles, your single desire is to be held, and it seems like we could just stare at each other all day long. Lovesick. We are out of the newborn phase and I should be functioning normally by now. I try to put you down, I really do. I glance at the to-do list or start to put the dishes away and you just watch me patiently. I carry on for a bit but when I peek over at you I swear your eyes are saying "Hold Me" and then you give that gummy smile... the next thing I know I'm carrying you around again.
You and I are Max's constant audience. You two are a perfect match, he loves to put on a show and you love to just sit and watch him play. You want so badly to join in, you'll start waving your arms and legs around and then you start grunting and cooing like crazy to get his attention...that day will come soon enough mister.
You seem to have really hit some growth spurts this month, both physically and developmentally. You grew right out of your 6-month size clothing, your fuzzy hair is a bit longer, and you even started rolling from your back to your belly. By far though the most awesome thing you've mastered at 3 months old is laughing. Not just a giggle, oh no, you have the heartiest belly laugh I've ever heard. So many things are funny to you- me, Daddy, and especially Max, we can get you rolling and next thing you know we are all laughing hysterically together. You are just pure joy. I hope you never lose that Eli.
In Max's baby book, Daddy and I each picked three adjectives to describe Max at three months, and now we are carrying on the tradition with you.
Mommy: content, animated, and jolly
Daddy: sweet, easy, and happy
Here is one of your many laughs this month...Max thinks you have an octopus on your shirt and you just think Max is funny :)
You are such a light in our lives, happy 3 months little boy!
** Max also got letters every month his first year, handwritten even (bring on the mommy guilt), I decided to do a formal letter just once a year after that since it seemed like a lot to keep up with as our family grows :) **




No comments:
Post a Comment