Last week our sweet Eli turned six-months-old.
Quietly, without pomp and circumstance, it completely took us by surprise.
I've still been operating from "I just had a baby" mode, but this milestone highlighted that you aren't so little anymore.
This song is dedicated to you little boy.
Truly, you have the sweetest eyes I've ever seen.
I'm not sure if this is a second-child thing, or just a YOU thing, but we have really been savoring the sweet moments with you.
You're hitting all sorts of milestones, sitting up, eating food (you love peas!), and even starting to crawl around a bit (caterpillar style)...but we fixate so much more on your warm smiles, long eyelashes, and breathy sighs while you sleep.
We are proud of you and your developmental achievements...but everything seems small compared to the JOY you bring into our lives.
Contagious joy, you raise the spirits of the whole household. Your happy even rubs off on friends or strangers when they hold you or are drawn in by your friendly gaze.
What a gift.
I can't believe we are already halfway through this precious first year.
We love you baby boy.



No comments:
Post a Comment