Sorry for the long absence blog readers!
My DSLR has been away getting cleaned and maintenanced, and I am realizing how much I rely on the constant stream of pictures to tell our story.
Throw in transitioning Max into a toddler bed (worst.transition.ever), a fever (Max), and food poisoning (Me), and you have a girl who has been too exhausted for blogging lately.
My camera is due to arrive back tomorrow, so hopefully we will be back on track :)
----------
We have had some really lovely moments over the last few weeks, captured on my camera phone.
Uncle Steve got married. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever seen. They were wed up in Minturn amidst the golden leaves; the ceremony was intimate and meaningful. We were so happy to be a part of this day. Uncle Steve is a photographer and I saw some people there with some serious photography equipment, I can't wait to see those photos! Obviously, my camera phone just doesn't do it justice.
It was also a sweet time for our family. I read the book, "The Happiness Project", out loud on the way up while both boys slept. On the way down Max had a case of the sillies and was generously giggling from the back seat. It was one of those moments where I was just so humbled and thankful for my family.
----------
This guy.
He has had some sort of developmental explosion over the past couple of weeks.
He started clapping, pulling up on things, getting into and out of the sitting position by himself, experimenting with the various types of crawling (caterpillar, army, bear walking), and he has been babbling all sorts of new sounds including....MAMA!
I was particularly excited about hearing him say mama since Max said dada first and has ALWAYS preferred to say dada, he is such a daddy's boy.
Here is a little clip of Eli experimenting with his new sound (and yes he is looking at Max, and he might even think, "mama" refers to Max, but still it's mama nonetheless)
----------
![]() |
| "special pants" |
And what about Mr. Max?
Well, he broke another door in our house...so that makes two doors down for the count (this kid has freakish strength).
He has been impressing us with his sentences lately, it is so fun to see the things that he remembers and talks about. One day when I was at tutoring, he told Julian about how I'd taken him to the aquarium that day. He said, "Mommy show me the fishes, Mommy is fun!" So sweet to hear that I am getting a good report.
We thought we were really on to something when we got him to wear a pair of overalls by telling him that they were "special pants". He now routinely asks to wear his "special pants" and Eli always has to wear his "special pants" too. Since the pants we now also have a special seat, a special bed, a special blanket, and special shoes. So yeah, we basically ruined the word special for our kid, oops.
The bond between Max and Eli has really matured now that Eli can sit up and actually play with Max. Max's first and last thoughts of the day are always related to the whereabouts of his brother, he actually calls him "brother". It feels like these two already have inside jokes, as they will make eye contact sometimes and both just crack up, they find each other incredibly funny. A couple of days ago, I heard Max go up to Eli and say, "Brother, you are my best friend.", I seriously teared up standing there in the kitchen. The bond between these two is so heart warming to see.
We are getting ready for Halloween festivities around here, I can't wait to see these two in their costumes this year <3





No comments:
Post a Comment