I wish I could bottle up some of the sweet moments from the past few weeks and save them for a day when I don't have a baby to snuggle anymore. Daddy and I have been hesitant to say the following statement too much or too loudly for fear of jinxing ourselves, but it's the truth-- You are a great baby.
Adjectives like calm, laid-back. and easy going aren't always used to describe newborns (ahem...your brother), but that is exactly how I would describe you. You love to just sit back and observe the happenings of the household. You watch Max with amusement-- his tantrums, his crazy games, his pokes and prods, none of it flusters you. You come along on playdates, shopping trips, and you even attended Nana's 50th birthday party this month. You are quite the little traveler; we could take you anywhere.
![]() |
| In love with those pouty lips <3 |
You have become much more alert and aware over the past few weeks and we have all enjoyed watching you grow and change each day. You're mastering holding up that big head of yours and you love to look around and take in the sights and sounds around you. You are generous with your smiles, and you grin ear to ear at just the sight of Daddy, Max, or me. You love the sound of our voices and when we make silly faces, you've even let out a few giggles when you find something particularly funny. Sometimes you get in a talkative mood and you ooh and ah, I love the sound of your sweet voice.
I know as soon as you become more mobile there will be no stopping you, so I hold you in my arms as much as possible. You are like balm to my soul baby boy, just holding you brings me to a calm and content state. It's only been two months but I already can't imagine our family without you. I was just looking at a family picture from last summer and I was struck by your absence, we are not complete without you. You are such a sweet blessing, I whisper a thank you for you every single day.
The greatest love,
Mom




2 comments:
What beautiful pictures and words! Your boys are very lucky to have such a talented and thoughtful mom!
That is so beautiful Jess! You have such a way with words and say feelings that I have felt in my life. You are such a wonderful mother! And Julian such a great Dad. I am honored to be your friend.
Post a Comment