(We listen to Vivaldi's Winter a lot around here, absolutely every time it snows. I don't want to push anything on the boys...but maybe since they have been listening to this song since they were wee babies, one of them will take an interest in the violin, I wouldn't mind that :) )
Yesterday afternoon we looked out the window to see big fat fluffy white flakes falling...
Which meant it was time to start hoping for a snow day!
It continued through the night and we woke up to several inches of snow on the ground.
Julian's group called it a work from home day, so we had the Daddy home with us today.
We turned on the fireplace and watched the snow fall.
We turned on the fireplace and watched the snow fall.
I did my best to keep the boys occupied so Julian could actually get his work done.
We played with cars.
The boys kept trying to play with Daddy though.
I don't know how people work from home!
We played with cars.
![]() |
| I love how they always play side by side...so close to each other. |
The boys kept trying to play with Daddy though.
I don't know how people work from home!
![]() |
| I spy someone walking across the dining room. |
Eli randomly picked today as the day that he walks most of the time instead of crawling.
The three of us cheered him on.
Inspired by the weather, I made homemade broccoli cheddar soup for lunch.
Julian was a little concerned and asked if I should be measuring things...nah.
It turned out pretty good.
Eli said, "Mmmmm" after every single bite, so nice of him to encourage my cooking efforts.
One thing I have learned as a mommy to boys: they have to go outside every single day. Even on snow days.
So we bundled them in layers and ventured out onto the driveway for some sledding.
It started off well. We didn't bother with full hats, scarves, and gloves since it was only a for a few minutes.
Which ended up being a big mistake.
They made it about this far down the sidewalk before Max started dragging his hand in the snow and then proceeded to freak out about his cold hand.
So we went back inside to warm by the fire, but Max was so upset that he actually asked to go upstairs for a nap (jotting that down in the memory books, first time ever).
Eli took a nap too, and they proceeded to sleep more than two hours together.
I was giddy over the silence downstairs, the beauty of the falling snow, my cup of peppermint tea, and lots of time to update my Pinterest boards.
Eventually I heard the pitter patter of little feet and I was back on duty.
We completed the day with hot chocolate, warm baths, and lots of snuggles.
I am not the biggest fan of winter, but it is nice to have a snow day every now and then.
It's probably wishful thinking that this might be the last big snow of the season, considering we have March and April ahead of us...but if it was, it was a sweet day indeed.
Which ended up being a big mistake.
They made it about this far down the sidewalk before Max started dragging his hand in the snow and then proceeded to freak out about his cold hand.
![]() |
| traumatized |
Eli took a nap too, and they proceeded to sleep more than two hours together.
I was giddy over the silence downstairs, the beauty of the falling snow, my cup of peppermint tea, and lots of time to update my Pinterest boards.
Eventually I heard the pitter patter of little feet and I was back on duty.
![]() |
| Hot Cocoa to go + marshmallows +sprinkles |
I am not the biggest fan of winter, but it is nice to have a snow day every now and then.
It's probably wishful thinking that this might be the last big snow of the season, considering we have March and April ahead of us...but if it was, it was a sweet day indeed.
















No comments:
Post a Comment