Well.
We survived January.
Barely.
We have been struggling the last couple of weeks, as Max kindly shared his virus with the household and it took us down one by one.
We spent an entire week cooped up inside, no play dates, no outings (well I did take the boys to the park once, but Max's insane cough cut our visit short), no fun. Not even a little.
But we survived, and welcomed February with open arms.
Closer to spring, warmth, happy things.
Closer to spring, warmth, happy things.
While laying on the couch on the 24th with a red nose and no voice, I noted that Eli turned 10-months old.
It's hard to believe that he is already the same age that Max was when I got pregnant again...
While there is definitely that same part of my brain that says, " Waaaah, my baby is growing up, I want another NOW!", there is now also a wiser and louder part of myself that says, " Let's wait a bit longer."
![]() |
| precious baby <3 |
Julian and I had just been discussing that it seemed like Eli had become comfortable with his level of mobility and was now working hard on talking and signing...when he surprised us all by taking his first steps!
We have been much more laid back about Eli's milestones as compared to with Max (I remember freaking out the first time he lifted his head up 3 inches as opposed to 2 during tummy time ;) ), but I have to say, watching our little boy take those first steps was every bit as exciting as the first time.
Here is a little video from last week...this is the first time Eli was brave enough to walk with Max hovering nearby...
( And, umm, yes, Max is wearing a backpack and not pants. And, yes, they are dancing to Micheal Jackson music videos...is this something that only happens in our household?
Oh, and both holding blocks...I believe this to be a very "boy" thing. As far as I can tell it's in case the need to hurry and build something, or throw something)
Oh, and both holding blocks...I believe this to be a very "boy" thing. As far as I can tell it's in case the need to hurry and build something, or throw something)
Even though Eli walked pretty close to the same age as big brother, he is completely different in his approach. He sits down instead of falling forward when he loses balance, he is cautious and walks slowly, and even though he can walk, he still chooses to crawl much of the time.
It's really interesting to see the differences in their little personalities and development.
So three cheers for Eli and those first independent steps, we hope your little feet carry you on many happy adventures little guy.
----------
I was lucky enough to sneak out of the house for not one but two girls nights in a row last week, which was refreshing and needed after a week of sickness.
This past weekend, however, was all about Julian, who turned the big 3-0!
We have a 30 year old in our house now!
![]() |
| Sneak peak from some Valentines pictures we took :) |
We really tried to honor Julian on his big day, and to make him feel special and loved.
I got up with the boys at the crack of dawn and let Julian sleep in for a couple of hours.
I got all of the chores out of the way and the boys and I made a trip to Starbucks to grab some breakfast and a special coffee for Daddy, in the 30 oz cup.
![]() |
| So I'm clearly lacking in the nutella icing skills, but that was supposed to be a small, delicate, pretty 30. Just pretend. |
For a present, Julian got a new wedding band after losing his last year (it's really lost, we have turned the entire house upside down, the only possibility is that Max put it in the trash). My original band and ring haven't fit since I was 7-months pregnant with Max, and considering Max continues to throw everything in sight away, I too got a placeholder band. My Mom got Julian a very thoughtful gift-- an adorable box with two little boys sitting on top where we can keep our rings safe and sound. Here's hoping!
Julian's 30th birthday just so happened to fall on the super bowl, which is perfect for him because he is a big football fan. Our friends April and Sean put together an awesome Superbowl/30th birthday party, it was fun to get our whole group together for the occasion.
![]() |
| I kind of, sort of, mostly honored Julian's request for "not a lot of pictures" at his party. |
![]() |
| Okay, this was kind of funny...everyone brought a TON of beer, we were swimming in it. A bunch of nursing mom's, engineers, kids, and every beer imaginable, which was barely touched. |
![]() |
| Mohawk! Too cute! |
![]() |
| My boy in a toy box. |
It was fun to let the guys do their thing and yell and the TV, while us girls checked in every now in then, but mostly talked about the kids and did some first birthday planning.
![]() |
| Hey- Julian can't stop me from taking cell phone pictures :) |
![]() |
| Tons of delicious pizza! |
![]() |
| Hey, girl! |
We had a great time celebrating with friends.
Thank you April and Sean for hosting such a fun party, and thanks to everyone else who celebrated the day with us.
Thank you April and Sean for hosting such a fun party, and thanks to everyone else who celebrated the day with us.
Happy 30th birthday to our Daddy who we love and admire very much, he is a hero in this house!














No comments:
Post a Comment