We are steadily making our way through January...honestly, we are still in a bit of a funk (still sleep training + potty training), but we are looking for the good things...
Yarn-wrapped letters
I spent an afternoon this week with my friend Nicole. We embarked on a new crafting project...yarn-wrapped letters. I've been wanting to put Max's name on the wall since we moved into this house two weeks before he was born. My 9-month pregnant self was not much in the mood for decorating, and since then life just seems to always be busy, but I finally got around to it this week...two and a half years later.
The good thing about waiting so long is I made some for Eli too, and now they are both done.
![]() |
| All of the letters in Eli's name were easy, and all of the letters in Max's name were difficult...go figure :D |
I'm really happy with the result, and Max loves them. He continuously points out the letters and says, "Spell Max", "Spell Eli"...
If I were more ambitious, I would do the whole alphabet for the play room...maybe in another two and a half years.
----------
Daddy time
![]() |
| he swiped a sippy cup again |
Eli has been very much a Mommy's boy since he was born...but lately he is gravitating more and more to his Daddy. It is fun to watch these two be silly together, two laid-back funny guys :)
----------
Just because I think my camera has a way of making everything look pleasant and happy...here are a few pictures that really capture our January mood as of late...
![]() |
| Here's Max when he wanted to put Daddy in a time out, because he wouldn't let Max steal a toy from Eli. |
![]() |
| TIME OUT DADDY!! |
----------
New Friends
I've been thinking lately about how it has been awhile since I've made a new friend. I said a little prayer about it and carried on. On Monday, I took the boys to our favorite bookstore, a place we visit almost every Monday. Usually it is just the three of us in the kids section, perusing/drooling/chewing on books, but this week there just so happened to be group of 10-12 moms having a get together there.
I felt a little shy about approaching them...but I figured there wouldn't be a better opportunity to make some new friends, right? They welcomed me into their group, which has play dates a couple times a week, as well as Mom's night outs. I made a great connection with a couple of the ladies and look forward to more time with these new friends.
Sometimes God works in mysterious ways...or obvious ones.
----------
Nourish self, Nourish others
I have been doingmy best okay with my New Years resolution. I have been exercising more regularly and more mindful with food choices.
I even tried a new recipe this week...
I have been doing
I even tried a new recipe this week...
Baked Kale!
I would love to tell you how it turned out, but after I got all these pretty greens laid out I discovered that we are out of olive oil.
I will persevere though and try this again.
----------
Great Books
I would love to tell you how it turned out, but after I got all these pretty greens laid out I discovered that we are out of olive oil.
I will persevere though and try this again.
----------
Great Books
We've been enjoying some good books over the past week.
I grabbed a couple of these indestructible books for the boys, the claim being that no child has ever ripped them...so it sounded right up our ally. Max tried for a minute to rip it apart, when he realized it was futile he actually sat down and made up a story to go with the pictures. Amazing. I love to hand them to Eli knowing that he can't chew them apart, and they are non-toxic. These books can go even go in the bath tub and I love that I can wash them off between uses. They are a new staple in our diaper bag, and I ordered a few more to give as gifts.
I grabbed a couple of these indestructible books for the boys, the claim being that no child has ever ripped them...so it sounded right up our ally. Max tried for a minute to rip it apart, when he realized it was futile he actually sat down and made up a story to go with the pictures. Amazing. I love to hand them to Eli knowing that he can't chew them apart, and they are non-toxic. These books can go even go in the bath tub and I love that I can wash them off between uses. They are a new staple in our diaper bag, and I ordered a few more to give as gifts.
Finally, I have been devouring the book "Daring Greatly" which has been highly recommended to me by friends, as well as nearly every "Mommy" blog I read. I'm not finished yet, but this book is definitely resonating with me and my cautious/anxious/tend to worry a lot self. I would absolutely recommend it, and I'm happy to pass along my copy...just send me a message if your interested!
----------
The temperature outside right now is 8 degrees...brr.
I desperately miss wearing flip flops, and long afternoons in the sun.
I miss taking pictures outside, heck, I miss being able to take the boys outside without Max screaming, "COLD" after 5-minutes.
But, we will get there again, and in the meantime there are plenty of good things about January too.
PS- Here's a video of the boys playing a little game that they made up together. They are doing stuff like this more and more each day, I never grow tired of hearing them laugh together <3
----------
The temperature outside right now is 8 degrees...brr.
I desperately miss wearing flip flops, and long afternoons in the sun.
I miss taking pictures outside, heck, I miss being able to take the boys outside without Max screaming, "COLD" after 5-minutes.
But, we will get there again, and in the meantime there are plenty of good things about January too.
PS- Here's a video of the boys playing a little game that they made up together. They are doing stuff like this more and more each day, I never grow tired of hearing them laugh together <3






No comments:
Post a Comment