Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A day in the life...

Today was one of those regular ordinary days that somehow, unexpectedly ends up spectacular at the same time. 
I think the weather had something to do with it....while 50 degrees isn't exactly a heat wave, it sure felt like it after a few days spent in the single digits. 

We were determined to make the most of the sunshine, so we were out the door at 8:45 to meet a new friend at story time at the library...

Yep, he's mine. The one dancing on the chairs, completely avoiding the circle he is supposed to be sitting in...he's mine. 
We had snacks and a little conversation, it wasn't long before the two-year-olds got way too loud for the library and we were on our way. 

It was only 10:30 am but it felt like we had already accomplished a lot and we wanted to keep the momentum going. 
I hadn't planned for a lunch out, so we stopped at Chik-Fil-A (bad mommy) for two grilled chicken kids meals one with applesauce, one with a fruit cup, plus the all important extra applesauce...I watched Max chew approvingly from the backseat, he said, "Good job, Mommy."

Next stop was Little Monkey Bizness, we joined Nicole 
and her little ones for nearly three hours of running from one fun piece of equipment to the next. 



We stayed until my arms and back ached and the boys were in desperate need of a nap...I promised Max grapes I didn't have (double bad mommy) to finally get him out of the bounce house. Nicole and I agreed that a trip to the Starbucks drive-thru was in order...


After approximately 5 seconds in the car both boys are fast asleep. 
On a day as good as this, I made the call to not risk waking them by attempting to move them from their seats. Instead, I parked the car near our favorite park down the street, rolled down the window so the sun could stream in, and slowly sipped my coffee while catching up on my favorite blogs. 
Bliss.


We arrived home to find a gigantic box awaiting us on our doorstep. 
It contained diapers, wipes, and soap, but was a source of excitement and amusement for the boys nonetheless. 


cute lil' bum. 
Daddy arrived home early. The kids I tutor worked on math problems with minimal complaint. We ate salad for dinner and I even squeezed a workout in. 

Looking back, I wish I had brought the "big" camera, but these cell phone pictures will just have to do...this one is going down in the memory books as a really good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment