We are settling back into our daily routine after having way too much fun over the weekend.
Halloween + two birthday parties for dear friends+ a time change = one tired mama!
Halloween isn't usually one of my favorite holidays, I'm a big fan of costumes and pictures, but not the spooky and gory stuff that can come with the holiday.
Now that I'm starting to feel better, after surviving such a rough pregnancy, I see everything with new eyes. This year Halloween was AWESOME. The smallest things, like being able to participate in trunk or treat at the boys school, baking some treats with the kids, even being able to stand outside and chat with the neighbors (who thought it was odd that I kind of disappeared for about 7 months)...every little thing felt exciting and fun. Julian knew that I was starting to feel like my old self when I wanted to take some pictures of the kids in their costumes, and I was concerned about timing and lighting! I bet he never thought he'd miss my picture taking.
We let the boys pick what they wanted to be this year, as they flipped through the catalog it was a close call between astronaut and fire fighter. Astronaut won out, likely due to the rocket obsession we have going on in this household, the boys think Daddy has the coolest job ever.
Introducing...two astronauts and our little rocket!
![]() |
| This rocket has provided hours of fun, and they've now taken markers to it, making it extra pretty! |
We celebrated over two days, the boys had Fall Festival at preschool on Thursday and Friday. It's always fun to get to spend time with them at school and get a peek into their classroom activities.
| Max's class! |
| Eli's class on the barrel ride. |
We didn't carve pumpkins this year, instead we used lite-brite inspired kits, which allowed the boys to hammer the pegs into the pumpkins.
Naturally, the boys are fans of anything involving hammering.
![]() |
| The little miss watching the festivities. |
![]() |
| good stuff! |
![]() |
| Lucy's first Halloween, and her first holiday! |
They did a little trick-or-treating around our neighborhood too. Eli told each group of kids he saw passing by "nice costumes"!
Lucy and I stayed home, blasted Thriller, and passed out handfuls of candy to the adorable neighborhood kids (half of them seemed to be in Elsa costumes).
![]() |
| These might qualify us for one of those "nailed it" Pinterest memes. The store didn't have black gel! So we just carried on with blue :) |
![]() |
| Waiting for the sun to set. |
![]() |
| He made his pumpkin bucket at school, paper mache! |
It was a very festive evening and I was happy to be able to participate.
We hope everyone had a great Halloween!






























1 comment:
cute costumes! So glad you are getting back to your normal self! I saw that popcorn at sprouts and wondered if it was good!
Post a Comment