Sunday, June 8, 2014

A little pregnancy update... week 25!




I found this little questionnaire on another blog and I thought it would be fun to jot down some notes about pregnancy at this point...
(Sorry for all the cell phone pics, I've been lazy with the camera lately)

How far along?  Week 25 now! 
Total weight gain/loss: Haven't been officially weighed in just over 4 weeks...at last check I was still down around 6 pounds from my starting weight. I see the OB this week, our goal is for me to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight ASAP. My appetite has been back and in full force, so hopefully I will meet that goal! 
Maternity clothes? Yes! I've been wearing my maternity pants for awhile (so comfy), finally ordered some maternity shirts and skirts last week. Yay, for some new summer staples. I also found a swimming suit, it's not maternity, but it is for long torsos...hoping it survives the summer. 

Hoping this suit survives all the summer belly growth. 

Stretch marks? Still just the few on each hip gifted to me by Max. The poor belly is all bruised up though, thanks Lovenox. 
Sleep: Still having a rough time sleeping. I wake up every 2 hours at least, I take the opportunity to get up and walk around for awhile to get the blood circulating in my legs. I have been falling back asleep a bit quicker...which is a little improvement! 
Best moments this week: Not sure if this is some strange form of nesting, but I've been very driven to get all of our photos organized and I'm working hard to catch up on photo books. I was able to check one of the list this week... 

Yes! Love checking things off the list!
Yaaaaaay!
I had a major celebration when I found out my ACT student got his goal score! He needed a 5 point boost, which is not easy to achieve in just a few weeks, I was worried. After I got out of the hospital, I took a month off of tutoring all my students, except him! We didn't have any time to spare. We pushed through some sessions where I really wasn't feeling well and on pain killers...I'm so glad he was able to reach that desired score.


Baby girl's diaper bag arrived!


Monday's cupcake. 


This little guy finished his first week at Science Camp. We signed Max up for some enrichment camps this summer, knowing that it's going to get harder and harder for me to keep up with his energy. He goes for a few hours, three days a week, and he had the best time! He gets to play with some of his preschool buddies and I was taking notes on the fun science activities they got to do. So far they've covered the science of water/ice, sound/vibration (they made the cutest musical instruments), and bubbles!


Eli and I got to have lots of one on one time while Max was at camp. It was fun (and easier) to do playdates with just one in tow; I'm really soaking up all of my time with him.  It's hard to believe his days as our family "baby" are coming to an end soon. 


I also got a much needed haircut and had a really fun girls' night out. 
It's been a great week!


Movement: Lots of movement, it's fun for the boys to feel the kicks and punches. She seems to be in completely different positions throughout the day...
Food cravings: Fruit, fruit, fruit. Turkey burgers. Chewy fruit snacks. Cheese?I've allowed myself to indulge in the occasional "Oprah Chai" from Starbucks. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, sadly. Fish, yuck. Thankfully my stomach has settled a lot over the past few weeks and I can keep more foods down. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes, the bump is large and in charge! Curious to see how the belly measures this week...


Gender: Sweet baby girl <3 
Labor Signs: Just a few random contractions here and there, especially after lots of walking and lifting/carrying the boys. 
Belly Button in or out? In! It's never been pushed out before, we will see what happens as September approaches. 
Wedding rings on or off? That depends on which ring you are referring to. My real wedding rings quit fitting while I was pregnant with Max. They have never fit back on again, but I am stubborn and refuse to get them resized (I have to believe I will get back to that size some day)! The place holder band Julian got for me when I was pregnant with Eli still fits :) 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Hmm...a bit of both? Usually happy during the day, and moody at night when I can't sleep and the pain in my legs flares up. 
Weekly Wisdom: Learned the hard way that I should never EVER skip physical therapy. I repeat, do NOT skip physical therapy. Also, I should obey her recommendations and not lift/carry the boys...I'm also not supposed to pull them around in the wagon. A few nights of agonizing pain have finally convinced me to follow these rules as best as I can. 
Milestones: Baby has reached the point of medical viability! Yay! Of course, it's way too early for her to make an appearance and we hope she stays put until I'm full term. BUT! It's reassuring to know that she is at the point where she has a good chance at survival out in the world. I'm also quickly approaching the start of my third trimester (since my pregnancy cannot go past 39 weeks, it starts at week 26)! 


We continue to be so grateful for this precious growing baby girl. We truly appreciate all of the continued thoughts and prayers, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment