Saturday, May 31, 2014

A bunch of pictures...our first week of summer!

Starting with the song of the week...not at all a sad song but it keeps making me cry (let's blame pregnancy), it makes me think of Max, Eli and Lucy.
There have been lots of dance parties happening to this song, the boys love it too :)


Happy Memorial  Day all! 
We sadly said goodbye to Max's preschool teachers last week.  
As much as I waffled back and forth on whether to send him to preschool this year, it has turned out to be an amazing experience, I'm so glad we sent him. 
He's grown by leaps and bounds...physically, socially, spiritually, academically, too many ways too count. 
We could not have found a better teacher, she truly has a heart for preschoolers, we hope this is just a "see you later" and that Eli + all other future kids will get to spend a year in her classroom. 
She left the sweetest first entry in his "Oh, the Places You'll Go" book, it was strange to think of an 18  year old Max looking back at those words when he graduates from high school...


Oh how my heart hurt...if only I'd known what a great year it would be. 
First day vs. End of the year
I can't believe that little bee backpack survived the entire school year, it's pretty beat up, it might just find it's way into his preschool memento box.

We had a bit of a lull in activities this week, things start back up in June. We made the most of our blank slate week with all of the summer classics...lots of playdates at various parks, ice cream, a trip to the swimming pool, turkey burgers + corn of the cob and of course I received my first little sunburn of the season despite multiple layers of sunscreen.
It's officially summer. 

Nothing kicks of summer like a little Batman party. It didn't matter one bit that Max doesn't know who Batman is...he has a cape and therefore he is awesome. 
A breakfast picnic, sweet time with friends.
I had to laugh at these photography attempts. 

Boys. 
That time you held up a few fingers and asked the kids how many in an attempt to get them to look at the camera...but it backfired. 
We will go ahead and call this one a success

Nana came for a visit and we made our first visit to the neighborhood pool.
We are grateful to have such a fun place to swim so close to our house, the boys beg to go every.single.day. In other news, I found a swimsuit that covers the bump, at my first stop even!
We look forward to many more days at the pool.


We finished the week up in Fort Collins, celebrating a 1st birthday with the D family.
It was one of those nights where it feels like there's a bit of magic in the air, the kids played non-stop from arrival until departure.


Hello cupcake. 
These three are great playmates...always off on some sort of an adventure. 














We might have had a little bit too much fun this week, I woke up this morning unable to move because I was so sore and stiff. Sometimes I forget that I am still recovering from my DVTs and 24 weeks pregnant...the pain is worth it though, we had such a fun week.

Hooray for summer 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment