This smile is brought to you courtesy of Christmas break.
Compared to the rush and hurry of the past few weeks, these days are still.
I keep checking the calendar, there is nothing there, nothing scheduled to do...so we are enjoying a little bit of nothing.
For me, this means I'm working my way through the pile of books that's been calling my name...
Started at the top and I'm working my way down, currently in the third book and still ruminating on the first two. New information fuels late night conversations with Julian. We share and process, examine the way we parent, the way we live, and we are energized to make some changes.
For the boys, doing nothing in particular includes sitting on the couch in pajamas examining the Thomas and Friends Yearbook, discussing the trains the would like to add to their collection.
My boys, they have conversations now, and while rudimentary they are the sweetest evidence of that thriving brother bond.
We made it to church on time, and even had one little one make it through mass.
Sometimes having nothing planned leaves room for the most important things.
![]() |
| He didn't make it. Maybe next time... |
I'm also working my way down my mental to-do list, and I've reached things that have been there so long they are collecting dust and cobwebs, but are important nonetheless.
I feel ashamed to even admit this, but finally, just this week, I finally ordered Eli's baby book/keepsake drawer, collected his precious little things from his first year, and have nearly finished putting it together.
This particular task usually occurs to me at about 3am when I'm tossing and turning, always accompanied by a hefty dose of mommy guilt.
I am looking forward to some peaceful sleep tonight.





2 comments:
You need not have any mommy guilt! I bet you are awesome and those boys love you so :)
Keris! You are the sweetest! Thanks for the comment :) I seriously had this irrational worry that something would happen to me before I finished that baby book and Eli would wonder for the rest of his life why Max has one and he doesn't...silly mommy guilt.
Post a Comment