Yesterday, we spent the day with Thomas the train.
He is a very popular character in our house, with all three of the boys.
I am not a natural lover of planes, trains, automobiles etc...but seeing everything through my little boys eyes has offered a fresh perspective.
Did you know that trains are very useful and pull lots of freight? These are the types of things Max is always telling me. I even let him watch the show a bit this week in preparation for our visit, and now one of his favorite phrases to say is, "I'm so cross!"
Did you know that trains are very useful and pull lots of freight? These are the types of things Max is always telling me. I even let him watch the show a bit this week in preparation for our visit, and now one of his favorite phrases to say is, "I'm so cross!"
Max was literally bouncing off the walls with excitement about seeing Thomas, and I was excited about his excitement...even though I don't really understand the appeal of a train yard?
We were blessed with a beautiful Colorado day, although it was pretty hot.


It was a day of many firsts, including the first bus and train ride.
The boys thought the bus taking us from the parking lot to the train yard was pretty exciting until they caught sight of Thomas parked at the station.
All of the kids on the bus were screaming, "Thomas!!"

Our buddies rode the train first while we checked out the rest of the museum...they had so many different trains from different technological eras, as well as play train tables and small mechanical trains.
Everything and anything train related that you could imagine, they had it!
Everything and anything train related that you could imagine, they had it!
Soon it was our turn to ride on Thomas.
![]() |




I can tell when my Max is captivated by something.
He gets very quiet, sits very still, and just takes it all in.
That is how he was on our train ride.
When we asked if he was having fun, he barely whispered, "Yes".
Eli showed his excitement by repeating "Choo choo" the entire 20 minute ride.
After some more exploring and a quick stop at the gift shop we were exhausted and ready to head home.
![]() |
| Why do I even try to get in pictures?! Ha! |
![]() |
| This one is a little better. |
It was a memorable day for sure. I am so grateful for these family days, they are not only enriching and educational experiences for the boys, but also a lot of fun!
We can't wait to see you next year, Thomas!











No comments:
Post a Comment