We are still here!
In all honestly, I haven't blogged in awhile because I've been overwhelmed and the words on the tip of my tongue are I...hate extremely dislike....winter. I'm trying hard to abide by the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" mantra this winter.
The end of January/early February has been a whirlwind for us...Julian has been putting in long hours at work due to some big meetings with important NASA people and lots of new responsibilities, I suddenly have a bunch of new tutoring students (1- 2 sessions every week night!) including an ACT prep student who I'm dedicating a lot of time to and hopefully we are improving that test score, everyone in the house has had a turn at not feeling well, Eli is working on those two years molars and he has the runny nose and grumpiness to prove it, and we've been stuck inside a lot due to extremely cold weather (meaning the boys are literally climbing the walls and the house is a bit of a disaster).
We've been in survival mode.
I don't mean to sound whiny (although reading that back, I do), it's just our reality right now, and part of the natural ebb and flow of life. Ultimately, more work for both Julian and I is a blessing, we are just slowly adjusting to our new routines. Unfortunately, writing and photography have fallen to the wayside a bit, but I hope to find more time for these things, mostly because I really enjoy them!
Even in the midst of busyness, there have been some great times, and I don't want to miss the chance to document them.
I had the opportunity to take some maternity pictures for a friend, on a very windy day, hilarity ensued.
We had a little day trip up to Ft. Collins, where we visited Max and Eli's beloved Museum of Discovery (or the science museum, as Max calls it).
![]() |
| Max still refuses to go in the tornado chamber, but he likes to watch Evie do it! |
It was a fun day with friends. I love our little road trips. Usually we don't even pack any books or toys, we just talk about everything we see passing us by outside our windows. Max has the highlights of the trip pretty much memorized. First we pass Daddy's work, then the Bronco's stadium, then Longs Peak (the mountain Mommy and Daddy climbed the week before their wedding), next is the hospital where Eli was born, and then we're in Fort Collins.
Julian turned 31, with little pomp and circumstance (and no pictures). I am grateful that he is so laid back, because we never managed to have a proper celebration.
There was chocolate ice cream cake though.
Julian is an amazing husband and father, we all love him so much!
We look forward to his 31st year.
We also attended a really fun Valentine's party, hosted by my friend Natalie.
![]() |
| Playing "Pin the arrow on cupid" |
Everything was decorated so cute and the boys had fun running around with a bunch of toddlers!
![]() |
| Eli was not a big fan of the photo booth unfortunately. |
Finally, a week late, the sixth installment of our weekly portraits.
A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014.
Max: Has been begging me and Julian to put a "bouncy button" in our car. So that we can bounce over other cars when stuck in traffic or while in line at Starbucks.
Eli: Knows "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri is his song, and we always have a slow dance when it pops up on the playlist.
The sun is shining and it's supposed to be in the 60's tomorrow. We've had a lot of fun watching the Olympics together, and I never cease to be amazed that so many people love to go out and do things in the snow, it's inspiring! We've had a sweet time celebrating Valentine's Day and we look forward to a restful weekend.
Wishing everyone a happy Valentine's Day!




















No comments:
Post a Comment